woensdag 1 oktober 2014

On & Off the Hook 10/1









 

Things have been rather hasty and occupied the last few days. My head was filled to the brim!
Summer is slowly creeping away, and I hope that today (which is a lovely sunny day) will not be the end of outside playing for hours..... The leaves are already turning yellow and falling from the trees...

The most important thing I would love to tell you today is that my sister and brother-in-law became first time parents last Saturday to a lovely boy named Jasper! I was thrilled when I heard the news because I was biting my nails since Saturday morning as my sister had to be induced.
It went okay. It was up and down that day because his heartrate wasn't steady so I was relieved that he decided to come earthbound.

Unfortunately when I called my sis on Monday I heard that she did not get the antenatal care she was entitled to and that they were quite stressed out. My heart broke when I heard of her struggles. It feels so weird to stand at the side and watch it from a distance and see all this happening. You wish all the best for new parents and they had a lot to cope with those first three days.

Thank God the news came that she got the full antenatal care yesterday!

In between I have been doing the normal stuff such as household, work you name it. I try to find some tiny bits of peace and get me some crochet Zen. Bliss. I have been rippling since last Saturday and it is so nice to work this pattern.

My socks are also past my toes. Yay!

Man the last few days were emotional but I am happy that crochet therapy works wonders!

De afgelopen dagen waren nogal haastig en enorm gevuld. Mijn hoofd zat stampensvol!

Het allerleukste dat gebeurd is, is dat mijn zus en zwager voor het eerst ouders zijn geworden afgelopen zaterdag. Een wolk van een baby is erbij, en hij heet Jasper! Ik was zo blij toen ik het verlossende telefoontje kreeg 's middags want ik wist dat ze 's ochtends ingeleid zou worden en tjsa met je eigen zus is het toch wel extra spannend...  Het inleiden zelf duurde erg lang omdat de kleine man zijn hartritme niet vast kon houden dus ik was heel heel erg blij dat het allemaal goed verlopen is.

Helaas toen ik mijn zusje belde maandag en helaas vertelde ze uit dat ze nog maar een paar uurtjes kraamhulp hadden gehad (zondag thuisgekomen...)... Ze was op en gestressed. Zo boos word je dan he. En je staat aan de zijlijn. Zo erg! Je wenst ze het allerbeste toe en dan gebeurt er dit.... Als het je eerste is heb je nog geen idee van hoe en wat en dan krijg je ook nog eens geen hulp...

Gelukkig kreeg ik gisteren het goede nieuws dat ze die dag nog volledige kraamhulp konden krijgen. Hiep hoi!

Tussendoor (maar met je gedachten ergens anders) doe ik dan wel het huiselijk werk, het schoolwerk etc.. Hier en daar pakte ik wat Zen momentjes en kroop op de bank met mijn haakwerkjes. Heerlijkheid. Sinds zaterdag ben ik bezig met een ripple deken en dat gaat zo lekker hersenloos. 

En mijn sokjes gaan goed, we zijn gelukkig al voorbij de tenen!

Man o man, de dagen waren wel met emoties gevuld, wat is het dan toch fijn dat een beetje haaktherapie enorm helpt om weer rustig te worden!

xx

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx