vrijdag 28 maart 2014

Go Green!


 

I am so happy with my crocheted dishcloths! I made a few for my Tunisian crochet course and some after a stitch from the stitch dictionary. I really really like them a lot. It is not a very common thing in the Netherlands to use crocheted dishcloths (or washable cloths in general) but I am glad I took the step to get rid of our permanent resident in the kitchen: the yellow viscose cloth.

Ik ben zo blij met mijn gehaakte vaatdoekjes! Ik had er een paar ontworpen voor de cursus Tunisch haken en een paar naar aanleiding van steken uit een stekenboek. Ik vind ze echt heel fijn om te gebruiken. Hier in Nederland is het gebruik van gehaakte vaatdoekjes niet zo gewoon als in de US, maar ik ben blij dat ik de stap heb genomen door een stapel te maken en het standaard gele viscose doekje weg te gooien!


It feels more hygienic to have a new cloth everyday.
It feels less cluttery, because if I am not using a cloth, it is not in the neighbourhood of the kitchen sink.
And they are pretty!

Het voelt voor mij schoner om iedere dag een nieuw doekje te pakken
Er hangt niet standaard iets in de wasbak
En ze zijn veel en veel mooier!


After finishing the Tunisian dishcloths I made a few normal crocheted ones, and I wanted to share them for some time with you. Now that the pattern is done, here it is!

Na het haken van de Tunische versies maakte ik een paar gewone gehaakte doekjes en ik wilde het patroon al een tijdje met jullie delen. Maar nu is het klaar: tadaa!

You will need two balls of Sugar n Cream and a 5 mm crochet hook. That's it.

Je hebt twee ballen Lily Sugar n Cream nodig (in NL verkrijgbaar bij Woolly) en een 5 mm haaknaald.
 

How to take care of them?
- use one dishcloth a day, or change more often if you need to
- after use, rinse thoroughly with hot water and let them air dry in some place (I hang them on the handle of the oven), this is important otherwise they will start to smell
- wash them in the washing machine on 60 degrees Celsius (I toss them in the washing machine along with my bed sheets or my kitchen towels, I do a 60 degrees washing two times a week now and it's perfect!)
- either hang them to dry on the line or toss them in the dryer

Hoe verzorg je je vaatdoekjes?
- gebruik er 1 per dag of meer als je vaker moet schoonmaken
- nadat je ze gebruikt hebt spoel je hem goed uit met heet water en laat je hem drogen op een plek (ik hang zo op de greep van de oven), dit is belangrijk want anders gaan ze stinken
- was ze op 60 graden in de wasmachine (ik gooi ze bij mijn handdoeken/theedoeken/beddengoed)
- hang ze aan de lijn te drogen, of droog ze in de droger

That's it! They scrub beautifully (I only use them to clean the sink and the aanrecht in my kitchen) because they have a bit of structure and they hold their shape perfectly after washing!
Have fun crocheting and using them!

En dat is alles wat ze vragen! Ze poetsen heerlijk door het gebruik van de structuursteken ((ik gebruik ze om om de wasbak te poetsen en het aanrecht af te nemen) en ze houden hun vorm na het wassen!
Veel plezier met het patroon!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. My sister has been making these for years! It is so fun to find out that people all over the world are the same! I found you at Annamaries blog hop. I blog as well, I would love it if you stop by to visit!
    http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thanks for stopping by Karan! I hopped over to your blog, wow those are some amazing places!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx