dinsdag 2 april 2013

Lactose Free Cooking: Kladdkake, or Swedish Chocolate Cake

This is a recipe to my heart.

Just throw everything together, mix and bake!

When I saw this recipe over at Cookie Cottage I knew I had to make it. Hazel, the writer behind Cookie Cottage sometimes posts gluten free and/or lactose free recipes that cause my heart to jump with joy!

I love lactose free recipes!


And the cake itself? Mushy and very chocolatey. Divine.

Here is the translated recipe in metric:



Kladdkake

Ingredients

100 grams of plantbased margarine/butter
160 grams granulated sugar
60 grams all purpose flour
50 grams of cacao powder
1 sachet vanilla sugar
2 eggs


Preparation

Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease and line an 18 cm diameter round baking tin with baking paper (I used my brownie pan). Sprinkle with cacao powder.

Sift the all purpose flour and the cacoa powder above a mixing bowl. Add sugar and stir the eggs one at a time through the dry ingredients until it is thoroughly blended. No lumps!

Add the melted butter and stir. Transfer the batter immediately into the baking tin/brownie pan.

Bake the cake until the top is a bit crunchy and the cake does not move when given a shake. It is probably done after about 20 minutes.



The top is lovely crunchy and the middle is a bit soft. Next time I think I will substitute the butter for safflower oil to see if it is a bit softer and even more easy to make!

Serve when it is properly cooled.

Have fun with the recipe!

1 opmerking:

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx