dinsdag 12 maart 2013

Almost Spring..



 

I've had enough with Winter... Last week there were a few absolute Amazing Weather days, and since the weekend it is gray, snowy and cold. Bah.

So I am very glad I bought some new plants for the house, trying to get a bit of Spring feeling. A new green plant and a Hyacinth in the kitchen and a Narcissus on the small table in our couch area. I love them and I hope they will bloom soon.

As you can see in the background I finally put away my Sinterklaas window hanging and made something new!


It is a  3D ball ornament made of paper, called a tactoid. I pinned it a long time ago, and visited the tutorial finally last week. I thought it would be nice for Little Man to help with it, but it is more for older kids to do, because the construction is a bit tricky. I made it from sturdy coloured paper.

I am very pleased with my new window hanging!


 I also start to dig in some crafts I did a long long time ago. Freshening up.

Look!


I bought this Poppy Scissor keeper during our trip to Paris last October in a very cute small embroidery shop. I started last weekend and it is going slowly. I like it! If I understand it correctly cross stitch is not very dogmatic. Just make the cross stitches all in the same way and it doesn't matter which way you work to. From left to right, or from right to left. No big deal.

In the near future I hope to practice embroidery as in "free hand" embroidery, not cross stitching, but that is a whole other story. I will keep you posted!


Work is trickling more and more into  my life again, so I am back with my head in the books. Yesterday I felt very bummed about how teaching went. I only did two classes and I felt cross eyed, tired, pumped up, but I also could not think straight and had a headache during a conversation directly after teaching. We'll see how it goes.

For Today, it is a Slowing Down Day. Did some laundry, decluttered a room and did grocery shopping. Just the usual things. And that is sometimes all you need. Ordinary Things!

See you soon!

xXx

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello Barbara, I have nominated you and your lovely blog for a Liebster Award, no strings attached though!
    Have a nice day!
    Ana

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. That is so kind of you, thank you! I hope you will have a nice day as well!
      Barbara

      Verwijderen
    2. Ana, if I do understand it correctly I have to answer 11 fun questions in a blog post? This is what Google tells me :)

      Verwijderen
    3. Barbara, you can see my Liesbster Award blogpost here http://daysofyarning.blogspot.pt/2013/03/liebster-award.html it is all explained there. I am glad you were pleased with my nomination.
      Have a nice day,
      Ana

      Verwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx