zondag 8 juli 2012

Fruity Snacks Idea

Past Friday I went to the thrift shop with Little Lady. It was the second time this schoolyear that I had a day off coinciding with the opening hours of the thrift shop, so off we went. I like to think about "reduce, reuse, recycle". I do not like that we live in a world where everything can be store bought and thrown away in an instant. So much waste is created! The stuff in a thrift shop are goods that are loved by a previous owner and are too "good" to be thrown away. I hope to help a bit with reducing waste by buying either from a thrift shop or from Marktplaats (in the US known as Craigs List).

I found this very shiny, very kitschy glass plate. And the same afternoon I came up with a good idea. Kids love to snack little bits and pieces and we get a fruit bag from Odin but we do not always finish it. The fruit plate was a good place to slice up some different kinds of fruit and present it in nice way to eat.



I put in some dates, apricots, and sliced a banana and some kiwis. I presented it with two tiny forks.


As you can see it was mostly Little Lady snacking away. She eats everything. I hope it will stay that way! Little Man only ate some dates. Hopefully with the next Odin bag there are some fruits that he likes. He is a bit of a picky eater when it comes to fruit as he only eats apples, oranges, mandarins and dates.

I also want to use it as a veggie dip plate. Just serve some baby carrots, celery, and little corn cobs with a dipper. Guacemole for example.

A lovely way to let them eat healthy stuff for this summer!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx